Client Relations & CAD Specialist
Are you a CAD specialist with Client Relations Experience (any) who’d like to learn 3D Printing from a master?
Voxel Magic is New York’s first overnight 3D Printing service, conveniently located in Manhattan’s Lower East Side. Barely launched last year, we’ve enjoyed extraordinary growth, including the acquisition of MakeMode and 3DNYC.
Our “fast & friendly” 3D Printing service maintains a simple belief … that the creative wonders of additive manufacturing should be accessible to all. We cater to creative New Yorkers who have a 3D vision to express: students, small businesses, and large industrial clients. If a client’s CAD file needs work, we can adjust it, or design it from scratch. We also offer advice on how to best approach 3D Print jobs, as well as full-service consulting on how to integrate 3D Printing into a client’s innovation cycle.
We are hiring an Entry-Level 3D Printer and CAD Specialist
- CAD: Advanced Knowledge (2+ years) of any one of the major packages: Rhino, SolidWorks or Fusion 360
(Bonus if you know: MakerBot Desktop, Preform, Simplify3d or NetFabb).
- Client Relations:
- Ability to answer client and vendor inquiries
- Explain company process to prospects
- Identify and address design/CAD issues
- Generate and send quotes
- Setup meetings and phone sessions
- Take notes during meetings
You will learn 3D Printing!
We run Makerbots, Formlabs Form 2’s and a gMax XT+
- Run equipment in a production environment
- Make models (requires fine motor skills)
- Prepare .STL files for 3D Print
- Monitor and ensure optimal printer progress
- Remove parts from printer pads
- Perform post-print part cleaning and finishing
- Clean and maintain 3D Printers
Flexible Onsite Part-Time Work Hours
- 10-15hrs per week (maybe more)
- 3 to 4 hours per day
- 3 to 5 days per week
Pay is $25/hour. Minimum 3-month commitment expected. Only if authorized to work in the US.
We promise to reply to all applicants. All qualified candidates will be given a simple 30-minute assignment before moving on to interview phase.